Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ruminations

I actually sat down over the last couple of days and re-read the little study I posted about Advent last year.

I feel like someone else wrote that. Someone who could think and reflect and write things to inspire thinking and reflecting. Not me...not anymore.

Or at least not at this moment.

I know what happened....the 18 hour work week totally socked my blogging time. But not only that, the dig-and-reflect time has evaporated as well. Spoiled, I was, and that's the truth. I'll concede that it's not *just* the work week; costuming two school plays this fall really hit the blogging/creative time as well.

I'm not sure I'm happy with this scenario. And I'm not sure it's been good for my family...the kids' grades are rocky again. I really hoped that after last quarter's near miss they'd learned something about focus, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Now, maybe that has to do with Mom working and maybe it doesn't, but I know that between the work and the volunteer stuff (for school, no less!) the bad grades snuck up on us and now I'm not sure there's enough time left in the grading period for them to pull things together.

So add Mom-stress to the mix. The help to the bank accounts has been very welcome; maybe even critical, so just going back to the way things were really isn't an option. Besides, I'd hate to leave the office ladies in the lurch by going to the house just when I was catching on enough to be a help to them.

Still, something is going to have to change before long; probably not my circumstances, but in how I'm handling things. This transition is taking longer than I anticipated...

No comments:

Post a Comment