Thursday, September 24, 2009

If My People....

posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi. I was gonna just make this a note on Facebook, but I decided to post it here instead...since I messed up and changed pages before I published it and lost it over there.

How often do we quote that verse without really taking in the context of it? Look at 2 Chron. 7 13:
When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people.... In other words, when the nation is in the midst of judgment, there is a promise:

If my people, who are called by my name...that means He's talking to US...the CHRISTians...

will humble themselves...not 'humble those who are in error' or 'humble those who are against them' or 'humble those who refuse to know Me' or even 'bring correction to those whose doctrine isn't exactly perfect'...

and pray and seek my face... why is it we want to do what Jesus would do (WWJD?) without doing what Jesus did...he spent HOURS, even ENTIRE NIGHTS in prayer, seeking God's face, so he could say what the Father said and do what the Father was doing in every situation. THAT's what Jesus did. And I think my measly little few minutes of prayer here and there is gonna cover me. Ouch....

and turn from their wicked ways... Read that again. THEIR wicked ways. Not turn sinners away from sin, but abandon the wicked ways in our own lives. Things like pride, jealousy, gossiping, lying, rebellion, selfishness...oh, my...

then I will hear from heaven... it's not lack of humility and repentance amongst our government officials or in Hollywood, it's lack of humility and repentance amongst God's people that keeps our prayers from reaching heaven.

and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

It's up to us.

1 comment:

  1. Very good, Lisa. Pride makes us stinky and will do us in. Hard truth.

    ReplyDelete