Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Reminder

Our Senior Pastors have taken a team to Moldova, visiting orphanages and halfway houses that are supported by Philip Cameron. They have been posting photos daily on Facebook.

So, I did my little weekly sewing blog post about what I made and wore in choir this morning and then went to FB and looked at their photos.

It's all I can do not to go back and delete my whole sewing blog as being frivolous and shallow.

That's why I started Beer Lahai Roi...so I would have a place to talk about something deeper than clothes/sewing. I'd been getting a little...I don't know, discouraged isn't a good word but I can't think of a better one...with it lately, as it seems that I'm really not talking to a lot of people here.

Today I was reminded of why I blog here.

So that I can say those photos of those kids in the orphanages...the girls in the houses who now have somewhere to go besides into prostitution...wrecked me. They are grateful for so little; I whine and complain with so much.

I'm ashamed of myself. I can say that here.

Thanks for listening. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Philip Cameron's posting. Stories of people helping people in this way are so humbling (because I'm not among them) and energizing (look what motivated humans can do!) It is the same feeling I get when I hear a choir singing songs of praise and/or supplication. These acts that demonstrate appreciation for the gifts God has given us...
    I find your blogs a gift, and you are my teacher in faith. When I was nearing the bottom of the depths of despair, whining away to God for help (and actually listening for a change!) He told me that the way up was through helping other people, in little, gracious ways. At this time, it is vanity for me to want to have the big impact, do the big thing. So..I'm learning to love being in choir, even when I don't get the solo, stop whining as I do the behind the scenes stuff, and notice and appreciate all of the good things people are doing to help others help themselves grow into the light. Overcoming my self-absorption seems to require more constant little motions, rather than big steps.
    Sorry about the long, self-absorbed comment. Your blog may feel like a voice in the wilderness to you, but you provide constant nourishment to me. Thank you, Teacher!

    ReplyDelete