Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Tree Is Up

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I didn't think it would ever represent a victory for me to put up the Christmas tree...but this year, it kinda did.

See, I'm not ready for Christmas this year.  So not ready, that my subconscious is trying hard to push it back and be in denial that it is coming.

I woke up Friday morning almost dreading the decorating process...which I usually love.

So, being me, I had to do some prayer and soul-searching to see what is going on.  Why have I been infected with a humbug virus?

Once I figured out what was going on...and I did...then I had a choice.  Do I let what is essentially fear rob me of something that I love?  Do I let a desire for comfort and ease make me dread a little inconvenience to the point that I miss a blessing?  Do I allow memories of past difficulties to shade my expectations to the point that I don't want to even try to pray for a different experience this year?

Oh me of little faith.

I overrode my desire to just do minimal decoration this year and pulled out the whole enchilada...the tree spins, blinks, bubbles and talks.  And it's going to be my constant reminder to pray and expect God to make the paths straight, keep the roads safe, hold the flu and whatever other ailments that have plagued our Christmases in years past at bay, and give us a blessed Christmas with our family this year.

Because I *am* going to pray for that.  Instead of just hoping it happens or dreading that it doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment