Friday, February 11, 2011

Faithful Friday Faves: Job

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Such a lot of wisdom in the book of Job! But as I skimmed through, the verses that grabbed my attention today were in Elihu's monologue, Job 32:18-19:

For I am full of words, and the spirit within me compels me; inside I am like bottled-up wine, like new wineskins ready to burst.

Suddenly, I was reminded of why I began the Beer Lahai Roi blog almost 3 years ago:

Because I had things that were bottled up inside that I felt compelled to share, but I had no outlet to share them.

Since that time, I've taken on teaching two different classes at church ... middle school girls on Wednesdays and high school girls on Sundays, so I have an outlet of sorts for the bottled up words, and I've taken on a part time (pause for hysterical laughter) job, so my time for pondering and studying has been strictly curtailed.

The fizz has settled down on the bottle. If I just let it sit, I CAN just let it sit.

But, oh, my friends, it requires such a little shaking to get it all bubbly and pressurized again!

Maybe I need to be a little more intentional about shaking the bottle.

Postscript: I just remembered that I posted a little fictional piece about Job...or, to be more precise, Job's wife...awhile back; if you're interested it's Here

No comments:

Post a Comment