Friday, June 18, 2010

Trying to catch myself... Time Elapsed: 90 minutes.

I'm not sure when it happened, but somewhere I got buried.

Under laundry, under a measly 20-hour workweek, under accumulated papers that need filing, under sewing - for myself and for others, under a hectic could-it-be-that-we're-involved-in-too-much activities schedule, under the nuisance of watching calories coming in and trying to get some physical activity into the mix to see if I can stop the steady upward climb of the bathroom scales.

Suddenly, I didn't know where I was anymore.

But you can't throw life into STOP for anything...there's stuff that needs doing, and I haven't yet figured out how to hand it off to someone else.

So I'm trying to find where I last left my sense of humor, my ability to remember what I was going to say when I started speaking, my rest, and my glasses.

And my seeking heart. I actually remembered my determination to seek Him and recognized that, in letting the busyness overtake me again, I'd let that slide.

No, I haven't managed it everyday, but I did get a three half-hours at lunch time in the past week and a half. It's a start. I began the count over again. The goal is ten hours; I've got 90 minutes.

I have a feeling that when I get that part of my life back in line, I'll find myself right there.

2 comments:

  1. I'm keeping you in my prayers. Finding that balance is difficult. You have so many interests and so many gifts and talents that it is easy to become overscheduled and overwhelmed. My downfall is getting adequate rest and proper nutrition. When I get busy, those two things go first. Followed by.....you know the drill. :)

    I'm impressed you got 90 minutes! Keeping going. You will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, I know the drill... ;)

    thanks for hanging in here with me!!! It means a lot!

    ReplyDelete