Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Word in Due Season

God is really amazing.

Three church services this morning...and all three contained insights that ministered straight to my weary-in-fighting-the-battle self. Nothing I didn't really already know, but reminder after reminder that He is in control.

First service I taught the high school MPact club...we're doing a unit on Family Relationships which, to be honest, has been pretty much of a snoozer. But today we looked at Joseph and his dysfunctional family of origin, and I was reminded in my own exposition that God uses all things to bring about His plan and purpose.

I sat in second service and listened to the message...which, among other things, was an exhortation to position myself for fellowship and intimacy w/God...to keep first things first.

Third service we left the regularly scheduled message altogether and just had a time of worship and prayer and ministry. Pastor specifically prayed for those who were getting weary in the battle and feeling dry.

No, nothing in our situation has really changed. But my Father reminded me that I am still His daughter, and He can be trusted. He gently pointed out to me that I haven't been doing the daily pursuit as I had intended and I realized with a shock that, good grief, it's been 3 months since I stated my plan to do that! What happened?

No matter now. His mercies are new every morning. Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment