Thursday, August 27, 2009

Whaddya Think About Dreams?

Ok, I'm not talking about those secret dreams of life goals; I'm talking about dreams that come when you're sleeping.

Sometimes I remember dreams, sometimes I don't. Sometimes a dream is burned into my brain and it bugs me.

I've got a notebook in which I record the dreams that I wake up thinking about...at least, most of them. There are one or two creepy ones that I remember but can't bring myself to record on paper.

I have a couple of 'scenario' dreams that repeat with slight variations.

Some folks say dreams are just the brain discharging; others say dreams are a subconscious way to deal with issues we aren't facing...and there's an application for prophetic dreaming, too.

I kinda think it's all of the above at one time or another.

I *don't* think someone can make blanket statements about what symbols mean in dreams. It's too personal...what symbolizes A to someone may symbolize B to someone else.

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw the topic out for further discussion later. I may even write about some of the dreams I had and what I concluded from them...or, how perplexed I am by them.

At the very least, that opens up a whole 'nuther souce for blog post material! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I have had one of those "Burned into your Brain" dreams recently. I haven't started a dream journal, but this one is so emblazoned in my mind that I just might. I am not completely sure what it means, I am still praying about it. Thanks for bringing up the subject. It will be interesting to see what develops from the blog....and the dream world. :)

    ReplyDelete