Monday, July 27, 2009

Shifting Perspective

After having my Monday posts designated for a year, I'm wondering what to do with this space....

It was good to take that time and look things over as I approached 50, but in going back over it I find so many things that I aimed for and missed. Things I wanted to have achieved, or overcome, or straightened out by the time I hit that milestone. And I'm still working, still struggling and still muddling in so many of them.

My house isn't neat and organized. My fabric stash has continued to grow. Middle age spread has hit my middle, and so far it appears only drastic measures...such as fasting...will reduce it.

I can do drastic measures for a while, but I can't make it a lifestyle. And I don't want to 'drastic measure' myself down to something I'd term acceptable, just to have the weight creep back on with what I'd consider normal life.

So I'm looking at the life messes that didn't get resolved by age 50 and wondering if I'll *ever* get them out of my life. And feeling rather discouraged about the whole thing.

And what to my weary eyes should appear, but an encouraging word from someone who's in a similar state, albeit ten years behind me.

She's right, you know. It's not time to give up...it's time to just start over.

Thanks, Sarah, I needed that... ;)

1 comment:

  1. All I know is that your Jubilee year sped by at the speed of light. Wasn't it just your 49th birthday?

    You have had a lot of changes this year. Keep going...you will achieve. Remember that God's time is not our time.

    ReplyDelete