Monday, May 19, 2008

Proverbs 32

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

The little discussion about the Proverbs 31 woman last week kind of got me thinking, and I recollected an assignment given in a Bible study I was in, oh, 6 years ago?

The assignment was to write a response to Proverbs 31, reflecting my own life. It seems a good thing to post for a 'Pick myself up, brush myself off, and start fresh yet again' (IOW, 'repent and refresh') Monday morning:

I Am
(not at all sure what I’m supposed to do for this assignment,
But here goes…)

I am prized above rubies…
I must be, because He spent His own blood to purchase me.

Even though I have far to go to equal the achievements of the Wife of Noble Character;
He sees who I will become

When I leave all complaining behind
Grasp the concept of Sticking to the Daily Plan
Climb out of bed with a blessing instead of a groan
Close my mouth instead of relating the humorous story about my hubby
And speak gently to my children at all times.

I am prized above rubies now…
Even though I’m not there yet.

He knows my heart.
He hears the prayers as I do the housewife thing (or at least try),
Sees with me the vision of an ordered house
Stills the voice of the clutter so that I can meet with Him
Meets me where I am, with no condemnation
But prods me to keep trying, even as I say
“How could I let this get so far behind?!”

I know I am prized above rubies
Because He has blessed me beyond measure.

He sets before me the standards of excellence
Then says ‘I will help you get there.’

So – with His help –
The house will be ordered
The meals will be timely and nutritious
The wool and the flax that I have selected (yards and yards!)
Will be made into useful garments
The budget will be balanced
I will find a way to bless others
I will encourage and enjoy my children
I will be a blessing and a help to my wonderful husband
And I will be an expression of Jesus to everyone I meet.

Amen, Lord,
Let’s get to work.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to know you are down there and that I'm not in this alone.
    Thanks for being you.

    ReplyDelete