Tuesday, June 11, 2019

A little Old Skool

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

A little glimpse into what I'm planning for the next few weeks...


Of course, I'm going to be talking about Israel.  I still have a lot of personal processing to do, so some of it is going to be blog material.

Rita sent us some instructions a few days before we left; we were told we would each be given a disposable camera, so we are kinda forced to take photos that are unfiltered and raw and...well, a mystery for a bit.

She also told us we were to come up with one word for each day, and then see what God would show us about that word, and we were to use the disposable camera to take pictures of anything that was related to the word.

So I came up with 7 words over the next few days, wrote each on a 3 x 5 card, and, when in Israel, drew a card to see what the day's word would be.

I have some really interesting stuff, and some that I haven't had time to chase down yet.  I decided to wait until I saw what the pictures actually were to start chasing.

I dropped the camera off at the local Walmart last night.   Went back to the photo section, which had posted hours of being open from 9 - 9.  There was, of course, no one in sight.  I wandered around a bit, trying to find an envelope or something to put the camera in.  Eventually, a staff person walked by and looked at me.  'I need to get some pictures developed!' I said.  She walked around behind the counter and pulled an envelope out of a pocket. 'Oh, great!' I said, 'I knew there had to be something like that around!'  I started filling out the contact info section, and she set the after hours drop box in front of me and walked off.

I honestly don't think she said a single word.

I sealed up the camera and dropped it into the box.  All the obvious signage seemed to indicate it would be ready in 24 hours, so I stopped by again on my way home from work. Again, no one was there, but this time I found the 'press button for service' and gave it a shove.

A different clerk wandered over, I told her I had dropped some pictures off for developing last night.  'What size?' she asked.  Well...it was a camera...'Name?' she asked.  I told her my name and she opened the file and flipped through a couple of index cards, then stopped.  'You dropped it off last night?' She asked.  Yes, I did.  'You put it in the after hours box?' She pointed to the box that had been set before me last night. Yes, I did.  'Oh, that's going to be next week.'  I was disappointed...I thought the signs said 24 hours. 'No, we don't do that.' She said and walked off.

So.  I will have my pictures next week.

Sometime.

And I'll talk about the 7 words and the picture that goes with the word.

Except for the day I forgot to pull out the disposable; I may have to fudge it w/ one of the pics I took with my lil' ol' cannon.

But at least I will have something worth visiting for, I hope.. ;-)

Meantime, here's a pic I haven't posted on Facebook...
Sunrise in the Judean desert...5/28/19

No comments:

Post a Comment