Thursday, February 8, 2018

On the Other Side...

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

My crazy husband snapped this photo from the choir on Sunday during first service in the high school that we have been renovating for over a year. He reasoned that everyone was looking at our pastors and no one would pay attention to the guy in the back row of the choir.

We made it.  We had enough clean bathrooms; enough classrooms were painted and ready and the stage in the kids' sanctuary was good enough for a temp mobile set.  The theater was pretty much packed out all three services, with folks in overflow rooms during first and second.

It didn't go off without a hitch, but the hitches were, by and large, minor.  We're home. This is what church will look like for the next 3 -4 months, while work continues on converting the gym into a sanctuary that will hold around 1500 and we can finally drop back to just two services.

The staff was given two days off this week...Monday and today...to recuperate.

Me, I'm doing laundry.  So. Much. Laundry.

Gonna be a while before we really settle into something we could call normal; I'm still not sure that I'm going to stay in my current office or if I'm going to get moved elsewhere.  Go with the flow...lol...

But the problem with going an extended period without being able to get to the 'new post' page is that I have so many ideas for blog posts at odd moments...and then get frustrated that I don't remember them when I finally do get to sit down.  Hoping that we'll get something closer to a predictable routine going forward...and I can get those random thoughts transcribed. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment