Monday, April 15, 2013

Verse 8 - John 11:40

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

It's been a rough week.   My Sweet Baboo doesn't do a lot of traveling with his job, but when he is gone life gets more stressful, just because he's gone.

Add to that the craziness of tech week preceding the high school musical's opening night, unexpected deadlines and bad weather and, oh yes, a nasty digestive virus, along with ongoing issues on many fronts that still are not approaching resolution and, well, as I said, it's been a tough week.

It's easy to get dejected and whiny and even anxious and worried.  So maybe I shouldn't be surprised at the verse that stood out to me as the next Siesta Scritpure Memory Team verse while I was reading John today; another one from the 'familiar but never really memorized' classification:

Then Jesus said, 'Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?'  -- John 11:40, NIV 84

If I believed....

Sometimes I wonder how deep my believing really goes.  On the one hand, what else is there to put my faith in?  If  God is not trustworthy, then there is no such thing as hope.  On the other hand, if God is trustworthy, then why do I stress over things I cannot change?  Why do I try to influence or manipulate things to an outcome that makes me comfortable?  Where is my faith?

I believe.  Help my unbelief...I want to see the glory of God, not what my own limited vision wants to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment