Saturday, January 12, 2013

Dancing myself awake...

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

On a lighter note...

I don't work on Fridays; our church offices are closed (currently - that's about to change back to a 5-day week but since I'm part time I likely will still not work Fridays) so I normally turn off the alarm and give myself a sleep-in day; My Sweet Baboo handles getting the One Remaining Student to her bus stop.

But I forgot to turn off the alarm yesterday and it went off as usual.  I keep it set to a local contemporary Christian station; normally the chatter with the morning show folks is what I hear.

But this time, a song happened to be playing -- Chris Tomlin's 'Indescribable' (this is the best video I could find on You-tube; sorry..)




But... I didn't wake up.

I dreamed I was in a warm, flowery field and this song was, like, the soundtrack coming from nowhere and everywhere and I just let go and danced.

I'm not a dancer by any stretch of the imagination, mind you, but in my dream I danced and danced...sorta like Snoopy.

When the song ended and the morning hosts began to chat, I woke up and realized what had happened and turned off the radio.  But I woke up smiling.

And it's been a rough...week.  Can't always help when I want to, you know.  Some things just have to be walked out.  So dancing with joy was a gift to me.

I've always rather liked that song...we sing it in church...but it is not at the tip top of my list.  Still...I will always smile when it comes up again.

And maybe someday I'll find a field and dance. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment