Monday, August 11, 2008

Jubilee Monday # 4

I've caught myself.

I realized, after re-reading the past Jubilee Monday posts that, while I am identifying Things To Be Done in a Jubilee Year, I haven't actually made specific plans to implement those things. I've got to to that, too, not just recognize what I *need* to do.

So far I've noted:

-Living off of 'what is taken directly from the field' entails no stashing (ok, that is specific to fabric), and finding specific places I need to trust God.

-Rest means I'm going to have to deliberately, on purpose, have times of 'doing nothing'.

I don't want to let this year just be an exploration of the ideas of Jubilee...I need to manifest Jubilee in my life. Finding specific places I need to trust God and resting are identified, but not implemented. To be truthful, I think they are two sides of the same coin. If I enforce rest, then I have to trust God to make the remaining time enough to do what must be done. Sort of like the principle of tithing...if I give 10%, I have to trust God that the other 90% will be enough.

Of course, I recognize that there's wisdom involved...I can't be irresponsible and believe that just because I'm following a formula of obedience God is obligated to take care of me. Tithing doesn't mean I can spend however, whenever, and wherever my little fleshly heart desires and expect God to provide. But it does mean that there will be enough to supply all my NEEDS and give some to other needs/ministries. The concept of rest doesn't mean I can piddle around doing worthless stuff (which I am good at, btw) as a way of ignoring tasks I don't want to do and expect things that need to be done to get done. Real rest is a discipline.

Scheduling my time has always been one of my, um, weaker points. I tend to put all of my time/energy into whatever is most urgent, and let everything else go. The trouble is, there's always something that seems to be 'most urgent', and the non-urgent, maintenance things of life get shoved aside over and over again.

I know this isn't going to get done in the next week or even month, but I really am trying to work the 'non-urgent' things into the schedule.

I may even sign up for Flylady...sigh.

Ok, that's one example. I've been dancing around signing up for Flylady for several years. I've got Sink Reflections, I've cleaned my sink about four times and it always gets messed back up. Something in me is holding back.

Maybe the something is because I'm not willing to be accountable to anyone for my time? A root of rebellion?

Ouch.

Ok. An application. Sometime during the month of August, I will sign up for Flylady's email list.

To help me get started down the road of disciplined time use...disciplined rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment