Friday, October 21, 2016

Happy Birthday, Mom!



Growing up, 'Mommy' is the force that shapes the day.  The structure that supports everyday life.

And, like most support structures, taken for granted.

When 'Mommy' becomes 'Mom', that support structure can become the restrictive confines, and the 'take for granted' can become chafing aggravation.

If I had my growing up years to do over, the things I would most like to correct would be to notice more how much she did.  I'd complain less and help more.  And not say the spiteful immature things I said when I was completely self-absorbed.

Because she really is my hero.

And I'm blessed to call this one 'Mom'.

She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.  Her children rise up and call her blessed...

Happy Birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment