Sunday, January 20, 2013

What Goes Around, Comes Around

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Baby number one was a tough one; fussy and rather frustrating.  I discovered that about the only thing that would guarantee a peaceful day was to spend it walking outside or at the mall.

The umbrella stroller saw a lot of use.

Baby number two was even tempered and contented; he would play in his crib for an hour after he woke up.

I thought it was because I was a more experienced mom; I knew what I was doing the second time around, so the second kid was more relaxed and secure.

So when baby number three was on the way, I figured I'd just add one more right into the mix with no trouble...I was a pro, right?

Wrong.

Baby number three was not just fussy, he was demanding.  He was impossible to satisfy.  When he started crying, he went at it with a vengeance.  And he never slept more than two hours at a stretch until he was nearly two years old.

I was one desperate mama.

During one of his crying spells, after trying everything I could think of, (he hated being in the car seat, the baby swing, or being rocked, just to name a few things we tried), I tried deep, swift knee bends.

It calmed him down.  Soon, not only me and his dad, but all the ladies in the church nursery knew the deep knee bend trick.  I joked that I had great quads but the knees of someone way older than I was...

When baby number four came along, they all begged me, 'Please don't do knee bends with her!'

Fast forward to today.

Baby number three, AKA The Actor, currently in the ministry internship program at church, was pegged to work in the nursery during third service.  My Sweet Baboo happened to walk by...and The Actor was doing deep knee bends with a crying baby, explaining to the other interns that I had done that to calm him.

Yes.  There is justice in the world. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment