Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hm...He Speaks Where You Don't Expect It...

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Last weekend was trying; it was the production weekend for the play the kids had been preparing since Christmas break...Romeo and Juliet. It's likely the Actor's last school production, and he had the role of Mercutio. I had to go watch his performance...we went to the Saturday matinee, as I thought that would be the least taxing. Then, because I had no substitute for my Sunday morning class, I went to church to teach first service. One thing led to another, and, well, I ended up leaving around the middle of 3rd service; I'd been at church 5 hours. I was tired and achy and headed home, but the Princess wanted to go see the Sunday matinee and she didn't want to go alone. I thought about the work I'd seen the day before, and realized that I really didn't want to pass up my last chance to see Mercutio. So I went again.

And, Mondays being Mondays, I went in to work for a bit and stayed 6 hours.

Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do.

I'm achy, sore throaty and beat.

I've obviously not licked the mono bug yet; I brought work home (is it a blessing to be able to access the data base and work from any computer?) and plan to stay here for the rest of the week.

Now, I really am trying to figure out the purpose in all this. I am obviously being pulled aside from the routine; I'm missing something here.

Then, this morning I checked Facebook to find that two of my friends, who don't know each other at all and who live in different parts of the country, had the following back-to-back posts:

Keep your eyes on Me! Waves of adversity are washing over you, and you feel tempted to give up. As your circumstances consume more and more of your attention, you are losing sight of Me. Yet I am with you always, holding you by your right hand. I am fully aware of your situation, and I will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able to bear. Psalm 73:23; I Corinthians 10:13

and

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." Matthew 6:34 (MSG)

Those phrases "Keep your eyes on Me!" and "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now" jumped off the screen at me.

I admit it; I've not been spending all this down time focusing on what God is doing; I've mostly been focusing on what I can do and what I need to do and what I can't get to that's bugging me.

So...I need a serious change of focus. What IS God doing, right now?

I won't get that if I don't focus on HIM instead of the STUFF.

(and thanks to Laurie and Buffi for putting a sermon on Facebook without even knowing it... ;) )

2 comments:

  1. sometimes God knocks you in the head and says- Be still and rest my child ! He did that to me last Summer

    ReplyDelete