Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Be Careful What You Ask For

So...mono slowed me down but didn't stop me, then last night, while doing an 'urgent' small sewing project for The Actor, I whacked a small divot off my finger w/my rotary cutter (my typing...and retyping and retyping...is bordering on ludicrous. I must want to share this really bad...). So now even the little I was doing has gotten more difficult.

Do you suppose Someone is trying to tell me something?

In trying to find my bearings again, I picked up my journal and re-read some of my more recent (as in the last 12 months) entries, and when I read this bit, dated June 30, lamenting my over booked calendar, I laughed out loud at myself:

You said that I can do all things through You, who gives me strength. But I don't wanna do all things -- I just want a chance to do nothing....

Now, in all honesty I was confessing and asking for help and grace. That was not a prayer I expected to be heard, much less answered.

But here I am with a chance to do nothing...and, well, let's just say there's a reason our words should be seasoned w/grace; sometimes we have to eat them...

No comments:

Post a Comment