Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Miss Diane's Prayer Dare

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

We had breakout sessions on Friday afternoon of the conference; one of those sessions was team taught by two of the ladies in our church...both women of great spiritual credibility, for all they are from different generations.

Miss Diane, who is an amazing woman of God and one of the very first women I met when we first visited the church nearly 9 years ago (she brought the 'visitor bread' by the house!), challenged us all to pray a prayer she has been praying since her now-grown children were small.

In fact, it turned into a Facebook dare...to pray this prayer every morning for the next 30 days (I have Miss Diane's permission to share it with you, my faithful bloggy buddies):

Lord I submit myself to You today!

I ask You to use me in any way that You will!

I ask that You give me knowledge, wisdom & understanding & let JESUS shine through me in all that I say & do today!

Love Your people through me!

I ask that You give me the words to say in the hour that I need to say them & let my speech be always with grace!

Filter every word that comes out of my mouth through Your Holy Spirit!

Give me great favor with everyone that I come in contact with today!

In the name of Jesus! AMEN!


(Scripture references from which she drafted her prayer: James 4:7 - Submit; John 14:12 - Use me; Ephesians 1:17-19 & James 1:5 - Knowledge, Wisdom & Understanding;
Matthew 5:16 - Shine; 1 Corinthians 13 - Love; Matthew 10:19-20 - Words to say; Colossians 4:6 - Speak with grace; Romans 8:14 - Filter (led by the Holy Spirit); Acts 2:47 - Favor)

But, she cautioned us...over the years she's learned that, if one has a heart to pray this prayer and mean it, the Comfort Zone is very likely a previous address.

Anyway, I'm in! Anyone here game?

1 comment:

  1. I'm in! What a wonderful prayer. Thank you so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete