Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Random Start to September

I don't know about you, but I am NOT believing September is here already! Leading off with Linda's Random Dozen...click the icon to see the rest of the answers, or to link up yourself!



1. What insect are you most afraid of? Feel free to post a picture.
I *would* say a spider, but, technically, a spider is an arachnid, not an insect. So I'll have to go with large bugs with stingers and bad tempers, like bumble bees and yellow jackets.

2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do?
I do some recycling...

3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you.
Variations on this dream have occurred for YEARS: In the dream, I am in a public place...usually a shopping mall, but it has also been an office complex of some sort. Once it was a funeral home. In the dream, there is no solid, conventional way to move from one level to another. Rickety ladders is the norm, but it has also involved rock climbing, or stairs that are very open and unsecured to any real support. Usually I find myself climbing up because I *have* to, but at some point a couple of levels up I get hit with vertigo and just freeze where I am. The odd, dangerous stairs/ladders/climbing surfaces never seem to bother anyone else.
Of course, I've tried for years to figure out what all that's about, but I've never really had any real insight.

4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances?
I've only actually flown somewhere about 4 times in my life; I had a very close call on the last one (10 years ago) due to a delay on one leg, but I squeaked in at the last second and was ok.

5. What do you consider your best feature?
I have a nice smile.

http:/ 6. What was the last concert you went to?
Mannheim Steamroller, Christmas '08. Actually, it was the weekend before Thanksgiving, but it was the Christmas show. TOTALLY worth breaking the no-Christmas-music-before-Thanksgiving ban!! They're coming back to town this year and we already have tickets. Ridiculously extravagant, but, wow, what a show...

7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced.
There are a couple that I CANNOT talk about in mixed company; so this is probably about 3rd on the list: I was asked to participate in a roast of our pastor on a significant birthday; I really didn't take it as seriously as everyone else did and I didn't have anything truly prepared. The other roasters were wonderful; I was lame. EPIC FAIL.

8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer?
Probably a hummer. I don't pay much attention....

9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute?
I saw a spectacular spread of stars on the tiny patch of city-washed night sky visible from my drive when I came home from church tonight. What beauty there is...and how small we are....

10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010?
I'm cheating and writing this at the end of the day...and it was pretty much just A Day in the Life, memorable in its ordinariness.

11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.)
There's lots of places to grab a bite when I'm hungry, but there's only ONE Liberty Bell...I'm going with the LB.

12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships?
Absolutely. If she's 25 years older than he is.

Just kidding.

Yes, opposite genders can have real, true, platonic friends. But...I don't think it's common.


And...drum roll...The Flute Player just reached into my little basket and pulled a piece of paper labeled 'Momma24' out of it! So Momma24 wins the book! I'll be putting a comment on her blog to let her know...thanks to everyone who entered, and if you want to learn more about Stella's House, you can visit Philip Cameron's Web Site

2 comments:

  1. Great list! I am so glad I won, I can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's September either! Yikes...

    I love spiders!!! For me it would be yellow jackets and mosquitos haha

    ReplyDelete