Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Random Dozen: The Easter Peeps Edition



Chickens -- Peeps -- Easter Candy -- and randomness...

1. How do you feel about the marshmallow Easter Peeps?
Yellow chicks Easter Peeps are a TRADITIONAL part of the Easter experience. There's just something about the way the crunchiness of the sugar coating yields to the marshmallow inside that says 'Spring' to me. The bunnies, or pink chicks/bunnies can substitute for yellow chcks if necessary...but green and purple? That's just wrong.
By the way, if you like your Peeps epic, check this out:
The Lord of the Peeps (click a chapter, then on the little bunny icons to go forward/backward in the story)

2. Chickens are notoriously nervous creatures. When you are nervous, what is the best way to calm down?
I remind myself that 'this time tomorrow(or next week or next month or whatever) it will be over' and I pray a lot.

3. People say, "April showers bring May flowers." Do you enjoy Spring rains?
Spring rains are nice. Especially if it's a day in which I don't have to do anything outside the house and I can take a few minutes to drink a cup of tea and read a book and listen to the rain. As if THAT ever happens. Spring severe weather, with tornado sirens and tracking the storms with Dan The Weatherman on TV,well, I'd just as soon skip.

4. When I was randomly flipping through TV channels this week, I saw a show in which tattoo parlor employees received tattoos of a co-worker's face on their bodies. I can't imagine having a portrait of a colleague tattooed on me. But if someone forced you to receive a portrait tattoo (face only) of anyone, who would it be? Why?
Ew!!! Ew!! and Double Ew!!! Do I have to?
I suppose if someone threatened to take the life of my firstborn if I didn't allow them to put a face tattoo somewhere on my body, I'd elect a picture of Jesus. He never leaves, anyway, so it would be a safe image to carry the rest of my life. Hm. I should be carrying His image anyway, right? That'd almost preach...

5. Would you rather have a tattoo (any kind) or a nose ring?
A nose ring. You can ditch that thing whenever you like...the tattoo, you're stuck with.

6. Do you have any special plans for Easter?
Four church services over Saturday night - Sunday morning, dinner of some sort with the family; hopefully the older kids will be home for dinner, if only to collect their chocolate rabbits. And yellow chicks Peeps, of course.

7. Cadbury Eggs or Reese Eggs?
Tough choice! But I can eat Reese cups whenever I like: Cadbury Eggs are only available at Easter. So Cadbury eggs. But, for reasons I have not yet mentioned on the blog, I'm currently not eating sugar. I may or may not have already purchased a box of Cadbury eggs to save for when the sugar ban is lifted.

8. What was the last thing/person you took a picture of?
Ok, let me check the 'March 2010' shared pictures folder... Ooo, you gotta see this:


My Sweet Baboo was actually a competitor in the 1976 World Frisbee Championships held at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. He also has collected Pro model Frisbees since the mid-70's. There were only 15 Pro Frisbees labeled for the '76 Rose Bowl...and he knew someone who, um, managed to get an extra one when they were handed out to the Guts teams, and he's been after that extra disc for 34 years. His buddy with the extra disc dropped off the Frisbee radar for a long time, but through the magic of the internet they finally connected through an online Guts Frisbee (yes, that really is a sport!) group. A couple of weeks ago his friend sent him an email, asking for his address; he'd been cleaning out some things and found the '76 Rose Bowl Pro. It came in the mail last week and I deemed the opening of the package a photo-worthy event...

9. What book are you reading now, or what was the last one?
I am the last person in the world to read this, and I've picked the worst time to do it, because I don't have time to just Sit Down And Read, but I'm about halfway through The Shack. It's technically my daughter's copy, but I had an unfortunate incident involving a glass of grape juice yesterday afternoon and I will be buying a new copy for her. Which is fine; I want to go back and underline different passages anyway. Like this one (It's God speaking, by the way):
The problem is that many folks try to grasp some sense of who I am by taking the best version of themselves, projecting that to the nth degree, factoring in all the goodness they can perceive, which often isn't much, and then calling that God....I am not merely the best version of you that you can think of. I am far more than that, above and beyond all that you can ask or think.
I'll probably do a whole blog post on my reaction to the book once I've finished it.

10. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning?
Without a doubt...getting started.

11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?
Two? Maybe? That's not counting nice leather thong-style sandals. Those are *sandals*, not flip-flops. Flip flops are cheap plastic footwear suitable for shower wear. JMNSHO.

12. Which color makes you happiest?
Royal blue.

Whew....

4 comments:

  1. Have a blessed Easter. Random Dozen is lot's of fun.

    Read many folks who would have a tattoo of Jesus.

    I agree 100% about the cleaning!

    I had a similar situation with Cherry Kool-Aid

    http://rlambright.blogspot.com/2008/09/kool-aide-disaster-of-o8.html

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Royal blue, huh? I was expecting green! LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, well, the green theme seemed more like sitting by a shady well... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I can see that! LOL I just had to tease! ;-)

    ReplyDelete