Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Template Weirdness

Ok. I give up...I've looked and looked, trying to figure out why my side bar is way over there.

It only slides over when the whole blog is displayed; if a single post is selected, then it's where it belongs (if you came in on a single post and you want to know what I'm talking about, click on the blog header and you'll see what I mean).

Any ideas? HTML is not my first (or second or third...) language. I think it must be in the sidebar stuff, but I'm not sure where to look or what I'm looking for...

Update, with more detail
I've noticed that, for some reason I don't fathom, all of the side bar info is not present when I click on a single post. So I thought perhaps the problem is in the section that is not visible then. (Mostly the Archive info). Also, the footer looks weird.

But, if I click on a label (such as one of the Bible studies), the sidebar is in the right place, with all elements present, and the footer is cropped properly.

So what's the difference? Why does it change?

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm do you have the HTML code saved from when you firsted picked this template? If so I'd just go in and delete the old code and put in the copied one and see if that doesn't fix it.

    When you go into blogger layout you can click and drag your extras up and down to put them in order as to how you want them. I would make sure they are clicked and drug up as high as can be with nothing over them. Other than that, I wouldn't know how to fix it unless I could get into the layout and poke around. Hope you get it fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the original template (I have the old style...not the layout version. Couldn't get that to work for me for some reason). I must've changed something when I was editing one of the sidebar lists, but I don't know what it could have been. I'm not even sure when it happened; I think I noticed it about a week ago. But it could've been this way for a while before it finally dawned on me that there was a problem...usually, I look at the post I put up and not the whole blog.

    I'd hate to reload the thing, but I suppose it could be done. I'd just have to redo all my tweaks and links and things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you log in, click on layout, and then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the bottom link that says "add a gadget' then pick HTML/Java Script I think it what it's called. You should be able to copy and paste the code in here for your template without it messing up your links or having to enter them in again. That's how I change my background so frequently. It doesn't bother any other content just the pretty colors on the back. Frustrating isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to convert my blog to layouts...and I will lose the stuff I've done and have to redo it.

    I tried the layouts when they first came out, but I had trouble w/the interfaces; I could only rarely get the 'add element' (or whatever it was) button to show up. Made it hard to do things. So I switched back to the Templates and manually added the sidebar info.

    'Cept it looks like I have inadvertently altered something...

    I suppose what I'll end up doing is saving the template html, reselecting it, and then re-adding the sidebar stuff.

    Sigh. When I get time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. *it was the 'add page elements' tab that wouldn't work....

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and suddenly, without any further adjustments by yours truly, the sidebar is back in the right place.

    weird.

    ReplyDelete