Sunday, October 25, 2009

Taking my own medicine...

Ok, last week I posted the devo for the girls' ministry sleepover...which emphasized having a good attitude and not complaining.

Set myself up, I did.

Had a situation arise during the week that gave me lots and lots of opportunity to grumble and complain and generally not be my most gracious self. And I fear I succumbed to a little grumbling and complaining...carefully worded, of course, but grumbling and complaining just the same.

Even though I repeated 'Do all things without complaining or arguing' to myself till I was blue in the face.

The Princess even asked me, 'So, are you trying to make up for it by quoting the verse?'

No...just owning up to the struggle. The flesh was pitching a fit, and the spirit had to fight. And took a couple of punches.

But the task was finished,I repented of the grumbles in the process, and we move on.

Keep pressin' towards the goal of doing ALL things without complaining or arguing...not there yet, but headed in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment