Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Expectant Season: An Advent Study Introduction

posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Y'know, sometimes you have to move, even if you don't know which way you'll turn or where you'll end up. One step at a time. Listening.

This is one of those times. I have the barest idea of a framework upon which to hang an Advent study: I'm going to use music...songs/carols that are Advent-minded.

But that's all I know.

So, in the spirit of taking the first step on a journey for which I have only the vaguest notions of directions, I'm posting a syllabus.

This should be interesting.

Syllabus:

Introduction: Nov. 18

Lesson 1: Nov. 25 Prepare Ye

Lesson 2: Dec. 2 Look at that Rose

Lesson 3: Dec. 9 The Chant

Lesson 4: Dec. 16 We've Been Waiting....

We'll be off for the week of Christmas, so to get four lessons in (which is the Traditional Advent thing, right?) I'll post the first lesson next week, even though I will otherwise be on a blogging/internet break.

I'm intrigued with this; expectant and just a little intimidated.

Which is a good attitude to have for Advent, don't you think?

2 comments: