Monday, August 4, 2008

Jubilee Monday #3 -- Rest

Jubilee...I have to trust God for my provision for the year.

I also have to intentionally rest. God intended Jubilee to also be a year of rest.

This may be harder than trusting God for provision.

Oldest Daughter and I were, by a strange stroke of scheduling, the only people in the house Friday night. She wanted to watch a movie together, and I'd picked up a DVD on sale that she'd never seen...Grant and Hepburn's Bringing up Baby.

I hadn't seen that movie in absolute ages, but I remembered thinking it was hysterically funny. So, I agreed to watch it with her.

I got about 30 minutes into it before I *had* to get up and do something. I just couldn't stand sitting still.

My Sweet Baboo and number 2 son, The Actor, however, were canoing down Tennessee's Buffalo River. When they got back, MSB talked about how calm and peaceful it was floating down the river and said that he wondered if it would be something I would enjoy (with the connotation that he might take me canoing sometime). Well, aside from the fact that I swim like a rock and am therefore not terribly comfortable with water sports in general, I just didn't think I'd enjoy sitting still in a canoe...in the hot sun...exposed to bugs and possibly snakes... enough to make it worth while. Besides, I wouldn't be accomplishing anything.

He looked at me and said, 'You are too busy.'

He's right.

When did I lose the ability to do nothing?

Somehow, in the Year of Jubilee, I have to find make some time to do just that.

Nothing.

1 comment:

  1. When you figure it out - please don't keep it to yourself!

    ReplyDelete