Sunday, August 31, 2008

Building Walls

We had a special guest speaker today, Robert Stearns of Eagles' Wings...and he had a word for the house, which I think really applies to all of us:

The stakes are higher than you realize

He talked about the ability of one ordinary person, making extraordinary decisions, to change the world...then challenged each of us to make the decision to be that person; to rebuild the necessary, protective, defining walls that have been breached, broken and burned (Nehemiah was the example).

It was a powerful message (here's the podcast), and it made me think about how my routine day goes...doing routine things. I don't realize the importance of the moment...that little-noted decision to postpone, put off, momentarily delay my time with God. It happens more than I'd like to admit. Especially since that postponement or delay somehow tends to turn into the entire day and I've missed my daily manna without intending to.

I need to be more wise, more discerning. There really is more at stake than I realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment