Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Stepping Out

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi
After posting daily to a sewing blog for well over two years, I began to feel like I was, well, short-changing the more important aspects of life. Sewing is my avocation; something I do not only because it's necessary but because I enjoy the creative process. But it isn't life.

I did put references to my faith in the sewing blog, but I didn't feel it was the place to really get deep into what I believed or why...and that frustrated me. I wanted to share that aspect of my life with others, and I didn't feel free to do so there.

After much soul-searching and prayer, I've decided to start a second blog. Here I will go into those things I do not feel are appropriate for the other blog. I also hope to do some exploring of the Bible; probably a once-a-week post dedicated to Bible study. I taught youth Sunday School for years upon years in the church we were in previously and taught a weekly women's study through our current church for three years. While I may begin teaching in a class setting again at some point, the seasons have shifted a bit and I'm not teaching now; I miss it. I get much more out of the Word when I'm studying to teach; I think it's because when I'm teaching there's a demand on the teaching anointing that is not there otherwise. So, here's my personal demand on the teaching anointing: I will post a weekly study. I'm not sure when I'll start that at this point, but it's coming.

I may not post daily here; in fact, I'm going to release myself right now from the obligation to post daily. I can post some off-the-top-of-my-head randomness in the sewing blog daily, but I think this will be a little more thoughtful. My original intent was just to post the weekly study, but I think I may do a little more than that. We'll see.

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited about your new blog!! I can't wait for you to get it going!! :) Keep that "pen" rolling!! Have a great week!
    Miss you!
    Buffi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa -

    I'm so glad you started this new blog. I've followed your sewing one for a long time, but I knew there was more "there" there...(grin). Looking forward to your insights and inspiration!

    Janet (MN_Swimmom on SG)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I knew right away that it was a reference to a well with the same name. I'm looking forward to this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed your sewing blog, but I am looking forward to what you have to say here are well. I like how your faith is just part of who you are, and hope to get back into that for myself as well, so I am happy you are trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the encouragement! This is going to be a bit different; bear with me while I find my real voice here... ;)

    ReplyDelete