Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Hodge Podging 3/16/16
Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi
It's been a while since I squeezed in time for a Hodgepodge post. After noticing that it really has been pretty heavy around here lately, I decided to lighten things up a little and play along today...on St. Patrick's Eve...
Joyce for the weekly prompting!
1. What do you think about luck?
Overall, I really don't think luck is an actual thing. If I believe God directs my steps, then I have to believe that, so long as I'm pursuing Him, everything that comes my way comes for a reason and/or a purpose...which may be completely beyond my understanding.
But there are a few instances where I might call myself lucky. If I were to randomly draw 7 letters that work to make a word in Scrabble, it really would be just a favorable outcome of a random event. So I'd say I was lucky, not because I thought there was any beneficial force at work, but specifically because there's no such force and I couldn't have manipulated it one way or another. Having a large vocabulary just makes that favorable outcome slightly more likely.
In other words, 'lucky' is a description, not an attribution.
2. Not counting your own backyard, what's a favorite green space in your town, city, or state?
Gorham's Bluff. It's just a little over an hour away; and such a lovely spot to just breathe.
3. How do you make your life more complex than it needs to be?
I don't seem to have the ability to make a plan and stick to it... I get distrac...(oh! look at the time! Must eat breakfast!)(returns MUCH later...)
4. I read here the three places you should visit with friends. They are-New York City, Hawaii, and Amsterdam (rent a bike, walk along the canal, visit one of their world class museums). I felt the need to expound on that one. Moving on...Of the three places listed which would you most like to visit with friends? What's one place not on the list you think should be visited with friends?
Oy. I really don't have much desire to visit any of those three places. I'm not into big cities, the thought of being on an island way out over the ocean almost makes me claustrophobic and...Amsterdam? Really? Not London or Paris or Rome or Athens? But...taking the question to mean 'which place would you like to visit with friends, as opposed to visiting alone, if you had to visit it?' -- I suppose I would pick New York, and I'd go with sewing buddies so we could hit the garment district and we could enjoy the goodies. Somewhere to recommend you visit with friends? Hm...not being the world traveler with vasts amount of experience, I would say...Disneyland. I've only been once, and really don't have a burning desire to go back, but sharing the experience with friends would certainly make it more magical.
5. What's the last live performance you saw? On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being best) how would you rate it?
I really had to think about that one. I finally decided the last live performance was a pre-competition presentation at a local high school. I'd say...8. The kids did well, but I have seen 10's and it just wasn't quite there.
6. March 14th is National Potato Chip Day. Are you a fan? Your favorite flavor? Besides potato, what's your favorite chip type of snack?
I'm not a big potato chip fan. Ruffles with french onion dip...now that I can chow down on (I have actually had, and now cannot find, french onion dip made from greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Almost guilt-free ...). My favorite chips, believe it or not, are blue corn tortilla chips. I don't know what about the 'blue' makes them better, but I really like 'em...
7.What rule is most important in your home?
We don't have a lot of rules...expectations, yes, but not rules per se. However, I AM trying to get one rule to be a part of our family life: Do Not Park the Car in the Drive with Less Than 1/4 Tank of Gasoline!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
And I thought 3/14 was Pi Day! I so meant to make a pie...and I so didn't get it done...