Tuesday, September 1, 2015

SSMT verse 16: Ps. 34:3

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Yeah, I know, I know.  This is supposed to be verse 17 this week.

But we were on vacation on Aug. 15th; the instructions allow for two missed weeks.  So I decided to cut myself some slack and not worry about making the post on 8/15.

So here's what's actually my 16th verse:

Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.  - Ps. 34:3

We've started a lunchtime Bible Study at work; we are to choose a passage and journal about it.  My passage this week was the first 3 verses in Ps. 34, but this verse kinda jumped out at me.

I've been doing a bit of songwriting this year; I gave myself a  challenge to write a song a month.  So far I've managed to come up with something...certainly not polished or even really developed beyond just the roughest basic  plan..but something...for every month.

This verse struck me as the motivation behind the writing.  It's to invite folks to come and join me in glorifying God.

Whether the songs ever make it out of my notebook onto anything else, it's still an invitation to come and glorify God.

Who knows?  Maybe I'll craft some  lyrics around Ps. 34... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment