Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sweet 16

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

We celebrated the 16th anniversary of our church today...we didn't have a big party and day of remembering, like we did last year, but we did have a video clip made by a number of the associate pastors.

I don't talk an awfully lot about church specifically...oh, it pops up now and again but mostly as backdrop.  We've been there since 2001, which seems awfully hard to believe.

It's been amazing.

When we first began attending, before we had decided to make it our church home, I remember commenting  to My Sweet Babboo on the way home after a Sunday service (in the renovated space that had been Joe's House of Entertainment...formerly the University Sheraton Inn, a really nice hotel back in the day.  All torn down now), 'You know, that church could consume our lives if we let it.'   I thought a moment and then added, 'But maybe it's supposed to...'

I never imagined being on the admin staff.

I never thought I'd sew dozens of costumes for all sorts of uses.

I'd've laughed out loud at the idea of working in the girls' ministry.

I've definitely grown and been stretched into new rolls.

Oh, it's not perfect, but what church is?  I've made enough blunders and boo boos my own self that I can't even consider being offended if I'm on the other end of a missed cue.  We see through a glass darkly...which means that everyone is doing the best they can. 

At the end of the day, the passion is to follow hard after God's heart....and I feel incredibly honored to get to be a part of it.

Happy Birthday, Rock Family Worship Center!

No comments:

Post a Comment