Wednesday, April 15, 2015

4-15-15 Hodgepodge and SSMT verse 8

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi 

Things have been pretty serious around here of late; time for a little hodgepodge fun.

Joyce at From this Side of the Pond has come up with more fun questions for tax day...

Click here to see the linky fun:



1. Speaking of April 15th...what's the most 'taxing' thing you've done recently?

The past weekend's drive to Indiana for my father-in-law's birthday celebration.  My Sweet Babboo had some work to do on his laptop, so I drove all day Thursday, a couple of hours on Friday and all day Sunday.  He was working, the kids in the back were on headphones...it was a really quiet trip.  As I like some conversation when I'm driving, it was kinda grueling to just...drive....  But he got his work done and I managed not to doze off so it's all good.

2. When did you last take a taxi somewhere and where was that somewhere?

I've never been inside an actual taxi; I think the closest thing was the hotel shuttle to the DFW airport the morning after the DIVE CREATIVE school wrapped up last October.

3. What's something you can do today that you couldn't do a year ago?


Spend Wednesday nights at home if I want.  This time last year the girls' classes that I taught were still running; they were discontinued in August and, in some ways, I'm still having a hard time with it (just bein' honest).  I know something new is coming but I haven't a clue what yet.  But, you know, God is good, and I don't think it was coincidental that I read this on Beth Moore's blog on Monday:


'God will not leave us comfortless. He will not leave us alone. He will not leave us fruitless. He will either resurrect the dead or grow something brand new....Water it with your tears if you must but release your fears that nothing but nothingness is ahead for you. Is God your God? As sure as He is, new life is coming.'


That hit me right where I needed it.

4. How often is chicken (in some form or fashion) on your menu at home? Which of the following would you most like to see on your table tonight...a chicken salad sandwich, your mom's fried chicken, a Chick-fil-A meal, Cracker Barrel's chicken n' dumplings, a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings, or 'hold the chicken, I'm a vegetarian'...?


I probably serve chicken in some form about half the time I actually cook a meal.  Trying to be health conscious and all that...besides, the price of beef is just about out of reach.  I'd really enjoy sitting down to a plate of my mom's fried chicken! With mashed potatoes and milk gravy and home canned green beans.... That would be a real treat!

5. What was your favorite television program when you were a kid? What characters do you remember the most?


I am not really sure what my favorite program was... I loved The Wonderful World of Disney on Sundays, Looney Tunes on Saturday mornings (Pussyfoot the black kitten was probably my favorite character; the Singing Frog was probably second...),  I actually had a crush on Johnny Quest when I was about 6.  And I'm old enough to remember reruns of The Mickey Mouse club...and Captain Kangaroo...

6. What was the last piece of 'art' you made?


Oy.  I am so not an artist.  But I made myself a pretty artistic omelet last week. :-)


 7. What frustrates you most about the Internet?


Can't-live-without-it-but-it-has-consumed-life.  The connection is wonderful.  The connection is oppressive.  Must find time to check (email, facebook, blog comments, etc etc etc).  So cool to share with so many.    So little time left for folks in real life.  Love it...hate it...frustrating...


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Today is the due date for the Siesta Scripture Memory Team Verse #8...My pastor quoted a verse recently that I thought I should like to look up.  So, today I chased it down, with the thought that it might make a good SSMT verse.  When I read it with the verse following...well, it's another confirmation to me.

Ps. 92:13-14, NIV 84:

Planted in the house of the LORD, they will flourish in the courts of our God.  They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green

5 comments:

  1. I forgot all about Johnny Quest! Definitely one of my faves. I'm being reminded of so many programs I'd forgotten all about. I am also participating in the memory verse link up. I wrote several verses out a while back that really spoke to something I was going through at the time. I opened my spiral today, and remember writing the verse there because I wanted to memorize it. So awesome though to see it today, and realize that whole situation is much improved, perhaps because I made the effort to put the verse into practice : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chicken meal your mom makes sounds delicious. Yummy omelet too! The computer consumes my life too and I'm trying to pull back a little bit. Two interesting Bible verses. Hope your week is going well. Thank you for stopping over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopped by from the Wednesday Hodgepodge - it's my first week. Your omelet looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard not to get sleepy when driving for a long time, isn't it? I usually have to eat or drink and have the window open with music playing. That omelet is a piece of art- nice job :)

    ReplyDelete