Monday, April 30, 2012

A Whisper in Due Season

Have you got a dream inside you that you think will never see the light of day?  The kind of thing that you tentatively share, only to hear things like, 'That's nice, dear.'...and you realize that no one sees this how deep this thing is planted in your heart?  Do you take it out now and then and look at it and think, 'This really isn't that big of a deal.  Why can't I just put it down and go on?' ...but you can't, because you know some part of you will shrivel and die.

But there are times when it is tempting.  Because once it's dead, it won't hurt any more.  It will just be a numb place.

I have a dream like that.   One I have wept over and fasted over and still do not have any reasonable expectation that it will ever, in my grandfather's words, amount to a hill of beans.

But it's my dream. One of the true passions of my heart. And I'm getting very discouraged.

Doing my daily internet check after work, as I cruised down the blog posts in google reader I skimmed through Beth Moore's latest post.  A narrative that I registered as very sweet and was just about to click to the next entry when the last line caught my eye.

I know your season's coming.

Why that jerked my head around like a calf on a rope I don't know, but it did.
I re-read, closely, the paragraph just above, and somehow the words spoke straight to me and, to my surprise, tears flooded my eyes:

Don’t be discouraged. Don’t decide it can’t matter all that much. “For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for His name in serving the saints, as you still do.” (Hebrews 6:10) 

Some days, a whisper like that is enough to put hope back where it goes...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa :)
    This post is so encouraging! I've had the exact same thoughts about my dream. Our dreams do matter to Him. He cares so much about the big and the little things in our lives. And that gives me comfort. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't God amazing?! When we need it most, He catches our attention and we know we are His and we and our dreams matter!

    I am am glad for you today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, ladies. I know that it is all a matter of timing, and I know the time hasn't been right. But I can see the glimmer of the minute hand moving and I'm beginning to be anxious...will it come to fruition or will it be passed over? And will I handle it correctly...under either circumstance? I think that's the thing that keeps me anxious; that I will have the right response, whichever way it goes...

    ReplyDelete