Friday, October 14, 2011

Faithful Friday Faves - Ephesians

I had a hard time making a selection this time!  I read through Ephesians in my New King James, and saw several things that were worth discussing, but nothing that stood out exceptionally from the rest.

So I decided I'd go out of the box and read through Ephesians in the Message.  Wow.  Nothin' like the Message to make you see things just a little differently....but, still, I didn't find Today's Passage.

So I got my teaching Bible, the good ol' NIV.  Maybe because I wasn't reading the whole book through at that moment, the first passage my eyes lit upon when I flipped to Ephesians gripped my spirit;  this has been a recurring theme in my life this year and I still don't think I've made the proper adjustments:

Be very careful, then, how you live -- not as unwise, but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.  Therefore, do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.  -- Eph. 5:15 - 17

If no one else out there in bloggy-land needed that nudge, I did...

No comments:

Post a Comment