Friday, October 28, 2011

Faithful Friday Faves: Colossians

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I've changed my mind on my Colossians selection a couple of times, and thought I had finally picked one and pulled up the New Post screen to elaborate.

And happened to turn the page, and my eyes lit on different verse, and it has become today's choice:

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form - Col. 2:9 NIV

That kinda settles it, doesn't it?  'All the fullness of the Deity' --- God Himself, in all His fullness, walking around as a human.


We can accept that or reject that, but it isn't a statement subject to relative interpretation.  It's not something that can be partly, sortakinda true.  He's fully God...or not.

But it's a basic thing to be settled; a foundation of faith.  For someone to claim to follow Christ and disagree with Colossians 2:9 doesn't make sense.

Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment