Friday, April 22, 2011

Faithful Friday Faves: Hosea

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Hosea. The faithful husband of an unfaithful wife and the power of redemptive love.

As has happened so many times in this little journey, I had a verse in mind to post when I began skimming through, but another one caught my eye. Probably because of my current season of reprioritizing and reoganizing:

Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until he comes and showers righteousness on you. - Hos. 10:12

It's hard work, breaking fallow ground. Things that have been ignored for season after season that have become weedy and overgrown and rocky. As a friend said in a prayer luncheon yesterday, not even knowing that I have pulled things out of closets and corners and wrecked my house in the process of trying to improve things, 'We get tempted to just shove everything back, just to get it out of sight again, but it's time to take care of it and do it right.'

So I'll live with the upturned and uprooted for a while longer. I'm determined to not quit in the process...but to really seek God and His direction through it.

And try not to panic because we have a high school graduation in four weeks... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment