Check out the post at 2nd Cup of Coffee for the explanation behind that...and click on the icon to find all the participants in this week's guest Random Dozen:
I wasn't going to play this week, but these questions just pulled me right in...
1. Do you prefer to read the book or see the movie?
Oh, DEFINITELY read the book! The book is almost always better. I don't know why movie producers believe they can mess around with an author's story and make it better. The book was a hit because the story was great. Don't change the story!! Please!! Tell the story the author wrote! (Um, can you tell this is one of my Personal Pet Peeves?)
2. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Thanksgiving. I cook dinner and we eat it...all of us at the table together. And we have a myriad of traditions...from eating Pillsbury orange rolls for breakfast to tearing up the bread for the dressing while watching the Macy's parade to putting off the pie because we're too full from the meal to eat it. No pressure to go anywhere or do anything away from home. I love Thanksgiving!
3. Which do you like better - the mountains or the beach?
This is a very tough question. Probably the beach, but only by a whisker.
4. If money were no consideration, what vehicle would you drive?
Current year Ford Mustang. White.
5. What is your favorite cold-weather beverage?
Russian Tea I've already made...and we've already consumed...one batch this fall. I discovered that Kroger sells a store-brand orange drink mix that is the generic equivalent of Old Tang, so that's what I use now. The New Tang, with sucralose, just doesn't work anymore.
6. How do you communicate most often with your friends: phone, email, text, face-to-face, or Facebook?
7. How do you receive your mail? Mailbox on the porch, at the end of the driveway, down the street, or post office box?
In the box at the end of the drive. But it's a standard city driveway, so it's not a big deal. Nothing like taking the .6 mile round trip down to the mailbox and back at the house in which I grew up.
8. Of the four basic personality types - sanguine, phlegmatic, melancholic, and choleric - which is your strongest? Which is your least evident? (See definitions below.)
Oh, I've Blogged about the Personality Test before (in fact, it's one of the most frequent search engine hits on my sewing blog)
I generally come out about 50% Sanguine, 24% Melancholy, 24% Choleric and 2% Phlegmatic.
9. What do you miss the most about being 20?
Hm, I wasn't married yet when I was 20, so I'll have to say I miss living without creaks and aches and pains and having to Be Careful of What I Do so I don't Hurt Myself.
10. How long from the time you get up, does it take you to get ready to walk out the door in the morning?
I *can* be ready to walk out the door in about 10 - 15 minutes if the need is urgent and it doesn't matter what I look like. However, in general I set my alarm for about an hour and a half before I need to leave.
11. Who handles the car maintenance and pays the bills in your family?
My Sweet Baboo deals with the cars; we kinda split up the bill paying.
12. For those in the US, how many states have you visited? For those outside the US, how many provinces/other countries have you visited?
*stops to count, wishes she had a map, then hops over to the Weather Channel site to look a the map* 22, if I counted right. 'Course, that includes states that I've just driven through a teeny bit of on the way to somewhere else...like West Virginia and Maryland...