Sunday, October 31, 2010

Repeat as Necessary

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Back in late August, my pastor boss came in to my office and rather casually said, 'I want you to find out who did the photography for the West Campus directory and get us set up to do one.'

Well, one thing leads to another and, believe it or not, the church directory has sort of turned into my project.

And there have been moments when I have not been the happiest camper in the park. Just bein' honest.

Kind of as a joke, when the 'poor me's ' began to creep in, I started declaring, 'Thank you, Jesus, that I have this opportunity to crucify my flesh, grow in grace and develop the fruit of the Spirit in my life.'

But after one particularly potentially frustrating afternoon in which I had repeated that little phrase several times over, I made a discovery.

It made a difference in my attitude. It made a difference in my focus. It made the frustration recede.

It was spiritual warfare. Who'd a-guessed it?

I think that little statement is going to find its way into my thoughts on a more regular basis.

Because I *do* thank God for the opportunity to grow and mature. I just need to remind myself of that - out loud- a little more frequently. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to do the same when my job offers me challenges. Isn't God and the blessings He bestows grand!

    ReplyDelete