Monday, October 25, 2010

It's a Trap...

Mousetrap. I wanted to play Mousetrap. You roll your dice, you move your mice. Nobody gets hurt. - Bob the Tomato

Friday night was the annual Girls' Ministry sleepover. Kindergarten thru high school, all at once. The theme (chosen by the national office) was 'Time for Tea'...and our Coordinator decided to make it an evening brought to you by the letter T. We went to Chuck E. Cheese, where the girls spent Tokens, then returned for some Treats, and a devotion about the significance of Tokens.

After the devotional, the girls I teach...both the middle school and the high school classes, headed down to the opposite end of the building where we did our own 'T' evening.

I managed to procure enough Mouse Trap games that the girls all split up and played. They had a surprising amount of fun building the Rube Goldberg style mousetrap and eliminating each other...but it was a wonderful illustration.

None of the things used in the contraption looked particularly dangerous. Yet they all work together to trap the mouse who gets caught in the wrong spot.

That'll preach, eh?

The sneaky part about a trap is that it NEVER looks dangerous. NEVER looks like it could cause problems. That's why it's a trap.

Then we watched a movie; half the girls and I just stayed up all night.

I don't know why I even bother taking my sleeping bag to these things. I never even unroll it...

No comments:

Post a Comment