Friday, July 30, 2010

Lovin' the Technology

The times, they are truly wondrous...

Our church youth camp was this week; the kids are heading home today. We sponsor an event...'camp' really doesn't fit...that, between our church and about 8 other churches hailing from Florida to North Carolina to North Alabama, packs in about 400 kids to a resort in Sandestin, Florida (where, thankfully, the currents have been kind and there is no oil).

But- here's the cool thing - they live streamed the sessions on the church website.

So, do you know what that means?

It means there are a BUNCH of parents who sat up glued to their computer screens until midnight or better all week (if you're curious, the services are archived here). All four of my kids went; the two older ones were working in different capacities; the two younger ones were campers.

And, with all the things I planned to do with my quiet house, I was one of the glued-to-the-computer parents.

But I don't feel like I wasted my time; I honestly believe that, 20 years from now, a huge number of those kids will look back on this week and say 'that's when my life changed.'

But I *am* playing catch up today, and the dryer just buzzed... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment