Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Random Dozen: Spring is Springing

This week's Random Dozen is being hosted by Southlakesmom at "I Didn't Know THAT!"

I discovered something that I apparently missed in the Original Premise of the Random Dozen meme...after posting my answers, I'm supposed to randomly visit twelve of the folks who answered and linked up to the host blog and leave a nice comment.

Um, sorry...I've been randomly visiting, but just skim reading and moving on. I promise to comment on at least 12 from now on.


The theme is Spring . . . and any other random questions that crept in.

1. What is your favorite sign of Spring?

Birds singing. Probably because it is the absolute first...before any blossoms sprout on the Bradford pears, there are birds singing. Plus, it hearkens back to my childhood on the farm; I could *always* hear birds singing in the warmer months.

2. Did you remember to spring forward on March 14? If not, how did it impact your day?
I would've had to work really hard to forget to set the clocks forward; I got about 4 emails reminding me...and at least one phone text message. I was up and at 'em on Central Daylight Time.

3. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year?
Oh! Tough question! But I'll probably have to go with Treasure Sweet Corn, since tomatoes are technically a fruit.

4. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant? AAAiiiieeee, this one is harder, because I LOVE fruit. Just about any fruit, when it's in season. But, hmm, I think I'll go with Black Raspberries. Can't seem to find those anywhere 'round here.

5. What is your least favorite insect? Ticks. [shudder!]

6. March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand?
We do have some bottled water around...usually I get the store brand. Water is water. I'd really rather put water that's been run through my Brita filter in my double-walled water bottle.

7. Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that?
I've never been that adventurous; I've been some places where the water tasted really yucky, but nowhere where it was really unsafe.

8. How many glasses of water do you drink per day?
Not nearly enough. I have good intentions...I just forget.

Now I'm thirsty all of a sudden.

9. March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini. Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share.
Only the guys that used to come 'round to the elementary school and do assemblies. Admission was a dime, and it got us out of part of the school day. We thought it was great; now, I think...that's a pretty tough way to make a living.

10. Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)?
Nope, never got picked. Story of my life in school.


11. March 24 is also the birthday of Steve McQueen and Clyde Barrow. Do you like Westerns or gangster movies? If so, what is your favorite?. I grew up watching John Wayne movies; my dad is a big fan of The Duke. But my favorite western is 'A Big Hand for the Little Lady,' with Henry Fonda. Been trying to find that on DVD for a long time...

12. (Really random) What U.S. state that you've never visited would you like to visit someday?
Alaska!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, it's not a "RULE" to visit, but it is a nice courtesy and then people repay it by visiting yours and then blog-friendships develop. So as we say in Community Bible Study, "it's not a RULE, but it's a good guideline" (we don't say that about scripture, just about doing one's lesson and showing up on time, etc.)

    With you on ticks -ick. I have several friends who have gotten Lyme from ticks. Some have been very, very sick.

    Thank you for participating in Random Dozen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I didn't mean to imply it is a RULE...just that, well, it's 'highly recommended?' ;)

    And I'd been slacking...

    ReplyDelete