Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Random Dozen 'Plink and Link;'

(Thank you, Linda, for the widget so I could put the cool picture here! ;))

It was kinda nice to have a 'just add answers' blog post a couple of weeks ago, so I thought I'd play again. Thanks to Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee for expending the effort to come up with twelve random questions week after week. Here's this week's edition, which she has called 'Plink and Link':

1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?
Um, I think the oldest pair is something like 26 1/2 years old. Wooden-soled clogs that I purchased in Canada when we were there for My Sweet Baboo's brother's wedding in 1983. I still wear 'em every once in a while. If it weren't so late, I'd take a picture, crop it and shrink it and upload it so you could see 'em. But it's just been Too Long of a Day. Oh, ignore the time stamp at the bottom; I copied the list and saved it as a draft this morning before I began to answer. You'll just have to trust me when I say it's 10:30 PM

2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?
I'm currently not eating sweets, but I bought one box from a troop selling 'em outside of Sir's Fabrics in Fayetteville, TN. Just couldn't walk by those kids sitting there...it was a chilly day...and do nothing. They were Thin Mints, 'cause that's the family favorite. I didn't eat any.

3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to?
Nope. I believe My Sweet Baboo would rather have dental work done than attempt dancing, so I doubt we ever venture into it. But I hear it's great fun, and if he were at all interested, I'd love to try it.

4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?
Hmmm...sort of? I really haven't changed...I have areas in which I'm VERY responsible, and other areas that, um, could use some improvement.

5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?
Was 'Star Trek' nominated for anything? Or 'Christmas Carol'? 'Cause those are the only two movies I saw this year...

6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?
I don't watch. Period. Once when I was having blood drawn, I happened to glance at the blood spurting into that little vial and nearly keeled over. There's a reason I'm not in the medical profession.

7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
Probably Friday evening into Saturday...I feel like I can catch my breath after trying hard to stay on top of things all week.

8. Do you miss anyone right now?
My Sweet Baboo is out of town doing a couple of interesting personal-growth/enjoyment classes. I'm glad he's having fun doing cool guy stuff, but I miss him.

9. Do hospitals make you queasy?
Not exactly queasy...but very uncomfortable and ill at ease. Possibly exacerbated by the fact that every hospital I've ever been in was a confusing maze of convoluted hallways and I HATE feeling like I don't know where I'm going.

10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you.
Mood Fabrics? :) No, if I were being responsible, it would probably be a furniture store; we are in sore need of some updated items. Especially a bed that we can elevate slightly at the head so as to lessen the aggravation to old-people digestive issues like acid reflux. Waterbeds are hard to elevate. But who thinks about stuff like that in their 20's?

11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?
On some things. But only if I've really found a difference between brands.

12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?
Probably looking into someone's eyes while I tell how I feel. No, definitely looking into someone's eyes while I tell them how I feel. It's hard to add to the risk.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, your messages about linking cracked me up this morning, and I needed a chuckle desperately. so thank you. Enjoyed your answers here, too. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your answers!

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete