Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Back to Blogging

...when I can actually get to the computer, that is. Kids' homework, and all (btw, the grades squeaked by. Thank you, Jesus...so far, this semester has seen a marked increase in homework brought home. Dare I hope the corner is turned?).

The fast was challenging for me. Not in the fasting, but in the focus. I struggled with pushing through for a spiritual breakthrough. I struggled to complete the 'to do' list of things I wanted to accomplish while I was off the 'net.

And I limped a lot. Literally and figuratively.

I haven't blogged much about it, and I really don't want to focus on it much, but I'm having issues with the piriformis muscle and its interaction with the sciatic nerve in my right leg. So I've done a lot of reflection on the purpose of pain, and the analogies between limping in the physical and limping in the spiritual.

I haven't had any profound revelations, but I haven't given up.

But I do have a direction for the next Bible study...I'm going to take a dive into one of my favorite books, Philippians. More on that on Friday. I'm ready to do some digging!

As a parting shot, I'm putting up the link to the church's TV website; Huntsville Master's Commission had the services this Sunday, and The Artist ended up pinch hitting for one of the HMC staffers, who had an injury that prevented him from portraying the devil in the final pantomime. It was a powerful message, even though it was seriously disturbing to see my own young un looking so diabolical...

The kids recite a declaration in unison at the very end that really doesn't come through, since none of them were miked. But you'll get the point of the skit just the same...

The menu on the sidebar lists the services by Date, Time and Speaker. There are two (8 AM and 11:15) for 11/24/10 that list 'Masters' as the Speaker...either of those will play the service.

Ok. I'll admit it. Mostly the link is for my mother... ;)

RFWC Online

3 comments:

  1. On seeing your own young looking diabolical: When Paul was in high school he played a traitor to the faithful. I get your squirmy reaction.

    Blessings as you work through the fruit of your fast and onward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you made it back. Just wanted to add a little info incase you didn't know....blogger has different post options for your posts. Instead of logging in and typing each post up every day or night just use the Post Option button at the bottom of every post, you click that it'll open up a little screen at the bottom so you can schedule your posts by date and time, After you punch in the date and time you want your post to show up online hit Publish Post button. It'll hold it until that date and make it public when the date and time you selected comes around. Did you already know that? If so ignore me, some of my blogger buddies had no idea. I only blog once a week but I do a weeks worth at a time and just set different post dates.

    Anywho's, glad you're back. Can't wait to see what you blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd heard that option was there, but I never really played with it. To much planning ahead involved there!

    It's nice to be missed... ;-)

    ReplyDelete