Monday, December 1, 2008

Jubilee Monday #18: Girl Talk

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

While I'm not aware of any guys that stop by here, if someone of the male gender wanders in by accident, may I suggest skipping this entry? I'm pretty sure you won't relate.


Ok, to address the gorilla in the middle of the room...y'know, the Topic of Great Discussion amongst All Women in their Late Forties, which I am not going to spell out because I don't want to trip a bunch of internet searches from folks who are looking for other information, but you know what I mean.

The shutting down and mothballing of the whole hormonal assembly line that we women deal with for years and years and years...

And it *is* a Jubilee entry, because it comes part-and-parcel with the fiftieth year.

And, while I'm sure there are some wonderful and profound things I could write about, one not so wonderful thing is staring me in the face.

Suddenly I hate my bathroom scales. Now, I was sort of expecting a spike after Thanksgiving...but I didn't expect it to jump 5 pounds the month before we cut the turkey. Certainly not in two literal overnight steps of 3 and 2 pounds each.

Now I'm wondering if that sudden expansion has anything to do with the fact that I spent September and October flapping my tops to cool off. One power surge to the hour was the going rate for a while.

I'd gladly flap my collar if it meant those pounds would go back to wherever they came from.

This is just bad timing. If the scales jumped at any other time, I could do something about it. But going through the Christmas Party season (there are 2 this week already!) trying to lose weight is a sure fire way to have a *horrible* December. Walk past the plates of once-a-year goodies? Squeeze time in an already overcrowded month to exercise?

I'm afraid it's either that or I'm going to have to devise a new wardrobe for myself; even my fat clothes are snug now.

So, back to Jubilee. The fiftieth year. The year of restoration and renewal. I'm just going to have to do the best I can to be *moderate* and plan to work extra hard after the New Year and all its festivities go by. Eating what is provided is, after all, one of the injunctions of Jubilee.

And maybe I'll throw in a couple of extra trips up and down the stairs each day.

I'll give myself permission to enjoy the fellowship of friends and family, trusting God for provision...and trusting God to use that provision for health, not for, um, girth.

And trust Him that the elastic waists will make it until January. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Two thoughts..
    yes, the shirt-flapping and weight gain are indeed related (but you knew that)
    And...
    I didn't get what you meant about search engines and unwanted visitors... and then had me a power surge meself just now.

    So LOL...
    d

    ReplyDelete