Saturday, August 17, 2019

Skipped the Week

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Well, I did not get the next installment in the Desert Study yesterday because...it was my wedding anniversary (39 years, thanks for asking).

My office is closed on Fridays; My Sweet Babboo took the day off and we spent the better part of the day wandering about the local Botanical Gardens.  We have annual passes, but can't seem to make use of it other than for the discounts on special events, like the Christmas Lights display.  So, once MSB told me he was planning to take the day off, it seemed like a good way to just spend some time together.

The Huntsville Botanical Gardens opened in 1988 and has really, really grown.  I think the last time we spent a day wandering was back in, oh, 2009 or something like that (I just went and checked, because I posted about it on the sewing blog.  2006.  Oy.  And that dogwood succumbed to a tree disease  a few years later)  Amazing how much it has changed  since then.
'Moses Rocks' -- my name for them.  If I ever have a yard fountain it would be one of those.
So, we had a nice day racking up steps on the fitbits, lol.  It's nice to remind ourselves that a nice time together doesn't have to involve packing stuff up and going somewhere else.

 
 Iconic view from the walkway in the Water Garden

 This unique piece is on the very edge of the garden and goes nowhere.  Interesting....

In the butterfly house.

I'll pick back up with the Desert Study next Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment