Saturday, September 20, 2014

Week of Praise Day 6

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

All of these verses I've been posting...it can seem kinda removed.  'God is all this stuff, so let's praise Him.'

But this morning I got a fresh look at a reason to praise Him.

It's all through Scripture, so I'm not going to go dig up all the references today. This is MY story.

He is worthy of our praise because He knows.  He cares. And...oh, my...He responds.

This morning had been a bit of a battle in myself to stay in the ground I'd claimed, if that makes any sense.   Then, scrolling through Facebook, I came across a friend's post.  She'd posted it for her daughter and others who were off at college, but it was a highlighted Bible verse and the wording jumped straight into my heart.

As it happens, it's the Message translation, which kinda made me smile.

Rev. 3:8:

I see what you've done.  Now see what I've done.  I've opened a door before you that no one can slam shut.  You don't  have much strength.  I know that; you used what you had to keep my Word.  You didn't deny me when times were rough.

I wasn't looking for encouragement, but He gave it.

Because...He's like that.

And words can't express my thankfulness to my God, who gives us what we need when we need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment