Thursday, June 5, 2014

And the dust moves on...

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Life goes on, dresses get made, kids graduate, road trips are taken, there's a frantic rush to get the Girl's Ministry requirements in before the deadline...busy, busy, busy.

Sometimes busy is good; it doesn't allow much time for thinking.

And there's a lot of thinking that I'm trying not to do.

The swirling and shifting has begun to show signs of settling and, to all appearances, when the dust settles and everything has changed, I'm going to be right where I was...while all the rest has gone elsewhere.

Can you tell I'm writing very carefully here?  I can't discuss it much.

And I really am pushing it to say that much.  Just before we left for the expo, as I was trying to find my footing in the shifting, I got two very clear directives.

The first was to do a 40 day fast.  Oh, not an extreme fast...just the 'no choice foods' type fast....and spend my lunch hour with my journal and Bible in the sanctuary (one of the benefits of working at the church) looking for peace and direction and, oh, a number of things all connected in some way.

The second was to not talk about The Shift until after the fast is over.

That way I won't say anything that could cause trouble. 

So that's where I am at the moment.   And I will say that there is a plus to shifting like this...it pushes me to push into God in ways I never have before.  And I CAN most definitely talk to HIM about it.

You know, that's an amazing place to be.  But it is worth noting that the fast will end the day before my birthday.

God has pretty cool timing.


No comments:

Post a Comment