Thursday, January 2, 2014

Praise for It

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Today I woke up with a little ditty in my head that is on repeat...
If you want joy you must praise for it
If you want joy you must praise for it
If you want joy you must praise for it
The Joy of the Lord is my strength.

I pondered that as I drove The Actor back to the ministry center for the start of his second semester internship.  I've thought about it as I cancelled some plans for tomorrow evening due to continued illness in the house.  I've thought about it as I contemplated all the festive decor that is now due to be dismantled in the return to normalcy that follows the holidays.

Praise.

This is the season of praise.  Just because the day we commemorate the birth of Christ has passed we should not cease to honor His coming.  The calendar has changed, but He is the same. We are approaching Epiphany, commemorating the worship of the Magi...those foreigners who recognized the signs of His coming when His own scholars and scribes missed it.  And they worshiped, while the folks who ought to have been overjoyed scratched their heads and went back to their business.

So. 

Going into 2014, let me not be one who would shrug off any opportunity to praise and worship just to finish the business at hand...because praise brings His joy, which is my strength...

No comments:

Post a Comment