Monday, December 9, 2013

Snapshot 12/9/13

posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Spent the past weekend chaperoning the theater performance/tech theater magnet kids to the state drama festival.

4th time to go to this campus, which is about 3.5 hours away.

The first time was in 2002.

I realized this year that my inner compass was off by 90 degrees once we were there.

I thought South was West.

It was about 2 AM before I got to bed on Sunday morning.

I was at church at 8.

I went to bed last night about 9.

Suddenly I'm very sleepy again.

The Flute Player still has homework to finish.

I found out that I have to use all my vacation by Dec. 31 or I lose it.

Guess who's going to be working short work weeks and taking an extended Christmas break?

Maybe I'll find the bottom of the laundry basket.

Or get the budget caught up.

Or sew something.

Or catch up on the Hebrews study...I'm two chapters behind.

We had our last official coaching  teleconference for the data base migration today.

I guess that means we are officially migrated.

I still have an awfully lot to learn.

I gave in and let them provide a laptop for me.

Which I am scared to take anywhere lest I lose it or break it or have it stolen.

Which I need to spend some serious time with so I can learn to use it for more than just email and data base updates.

Ball and chain.  Nice ball and chain, but still...ball and chain...

It is raining.  Again.  Yet.  Still.

Some are forecasting that it will turn to freezing rain by morning.

Some are saying it will not drop below 33 F, so probably no ice.

Wish I knew who will turn out to be right.  I could sleep in if it's cold enough.

I am enjoying the Christmas tree.  Did the full decoration with the little incandescent lightbulbs, that can be removed and the sockets used for other things.  Like ornament spinners.

The tree is very kinetic...spinning, bubbling, twinkling.

Funny how it feels like it's been up most of the year.

December is going by awfully fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment