Sunday, September 15, 2013

SSMT Week 16: Acts 3:19

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Wow.  Sundays are hard days to do blog posts.

So much going on...

This weekend was the annual women's conference.  I don't know that I have ever been in quite such a drained out, dried up place spiritually when the conference began.

But I expected something to change, something to give, something to break free.

And...maybe, just maybe, it did.

I know I feel like I have lain in a good gentle soaking rain.   The angst, the tension, the emotional knots are gone.

And I realized that the issues I carried into the conference...the things I wanted answers for...were all a matter of personal discipline and follow through.  When everything sifted down, it once more showed that my prayer life is simply not what it should be.

I mean, head smacking 'D'uh!  Again!  I have been here before!  Why can't I get this lesson through my head???'

So I have chosen for this week's verse one of the verses quoted in the conference:

Repent, then, and turn to God so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord - Acts 3:19, NIV 84

So I repent of self-sufficiency, of thinking I can do it in my own strength and ability, of being too busy to pray, of attempting to do ministry without sufficient prayer, and of just being a doofus in general.

It is time for me to really put prayer to work.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment